JobTabs Job Search & Resume 2011 has been officially released. JobTabs Job Search & Resume is blockbuster job search software that has done much to tip the scales to the job seekers advantage. In 2005 job seekers had little in the way of computer software while recruiters and employers had a slew of powerful software applications to manage their applicants. JobTabs changed all of that with the arrival of JobTabs 2005 and has been empowering job seekers ever since. JobTabs enables job seekers to network better, qualify for a larger number of jobs, apply for a larger number of jobs and ultimately have an edge over other applicants. JobTabs 2011 gives job seekers an even greater advantage than its predecessor with the following new features.
Resume Personal Information Removal
Unbeknown to many job seekers, MS Word can keep a record of all the editing changes of any resume. This includes,
- Previous authors and editors.
- User name.
- Personal summary information.
- Revision marks.
- VB Macros. Descriptions and comments are removed from the modules.
- The ID number used to identify your resume/cover letter for the purpose of merging changes back into the original document.
- Routing slips.
- E-mail headers.
- Scenario comments.
JobTabs removes all of this information from MS Word 2002 to MS Word 2010. The built-in JobTabs word-processor does not store this personal information by design.
- Easily identify priorities with color assigned events encompassing every facet of the job search process.
- Minimize typing and scheduling by creating recurring events occurring over any number of time periods.
- Never forget an interview/phone call/meeting by using built-in reminders.
- Save time with one click access to a day view, 5 day view, 7 day view, Month view and a Timeline of all calendar events.
- Multi-month calendar view for quick access to any day, week or month of your choosing.
- Dual time zone facility to facilitate job searching in different countries, opposite coasts or across the globe.
- Look like a real detail person by following up on job applications fastidiously. Accessible from the apply wizard, calendar or the Job Applications grid.
- Submit resumes that are dated as if they haven’t been modified in weeks even though you just tailored it to the job requisition that morning! JobTabs will automatically backdate the ‘Last Modified’ field for any resume emailed or uploaded from JobTabs. This will allay any concerns by the hiring company that your resume – ideally suited to the needs of the firm – was modified to meet the job posting.
- Added full resume preview of all pages for all resumes types. Resumes in pdf format can now be previewed inside the JobTabs application.
- Updates were confined to the version you purchased. Now all users get one year of free updates regardless of which version of JobTabs they purchased.
- Customers are now licensed to install as many copies of JobTabs on as many machines as they want provided they use only the db they purchased.
- Rock solid stability is now even more solid. JobTabs now runs virtually autonomously compared to its predecessor. It has even weaned itself from many files supplied by the operating system. Installs/uninstalls from other applications will have a near zero impact on its stability and performance.
- Added user initiated real time, online support over the web! If you invite us to your PC we can fix problems on the fly right there in front of you. Best of all, we can only see your PC if you explicitly invite us to do so.
- Enhanced the aesthetics of JobTabs across the board. Color scheme is more consistent with Vista and Windows 7.
- Added additional fields for grouping activities on the All Activities report.
- Saved Jobs and Job Applications – One-click access to the original job posting!
- Closer to multi-user! Added an “Open Data File…” to the JobTabs menu so that more than one person can use their copy of JobTabs on the same machine.
- Integrated a dedicated tab to common connections on LinkedIn for all employers. Networking contacts are soon to follow.
- Added a number of rulers with visible tab stops to improve layout across Resources, Activities and any number of editors.
- Many, many other enhancements.
JobTabs Job Search & Resume is a free download and can be downloaded from the JobTabs, LLC website at http://www.jobtabs.com. It sells for $49.95. While tax circumstances vary widely, if you can deduct the purchase of JobTabs, the real cost of purchasing JobTabs can be as little as $20.
John Coffey is the President of JobTabs, LLC. Through JobTabs Job Search & Resume, thousands of job seekers have taken control of their destiny in finding new and fulfilling careers. JobTabs Job Search & Resume motivates job seekers by making the job search easier by a huge order of magnitude. John Coffey can be reached via his website at JobTabs Job Search & Resume, by email via jpcoffey at jobtabs.com, and by phone at 404-255-0248.